View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2000, 07:16 (Ref:37266)   #76
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree with the principles behind the protest. However. The protesters may have let themselves down had they behaved badly. That hasn't happened fortunately so I trust "Bleurgh" will now treat them with the respect they deserve and negotiate honestly and properly.

Remember, no drivers were actually stopped from delivering fuel. They stayed put because of they're agreement with the principle. I believe stories of intimidation were "spin" and no doubt we will find this out later.

Sadly though, Bleurgh's spent so much time telling us that its the schools and hospitals that have suffered due to the protests, rather than admitting that these services suffer due to the high cost of fuel which has to be paid for out of a limited budget (books? food? operations?). Now he appears on tv and suggests that the government "won"?

The man is no more than a complete ass.

One more thought.

We pay less income tax in the UK than any other EU country. However food and clothing prices in those countries are substantially less than in the UK. Why? I can only assume that it is because fuel costs are lower.

Even so, the Belgians, Dutch, Germans and French have/are protesting.