View Single Post
Old 11 May 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1606291)   #20
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Mansell returned to F1 in 1994.
True, but he didn't return to Formula 1 until after the final Champ Car race of the 1994 season at Laguna Seca.

Quote:
Indy this year has how many world champions?

Le Mans has the winner of the Dakar rally, the WR champ, a glut of ex and future F1 stars, and one current driver, Montagny. It has quality in depth. Indy has???
Nice way of ignoring the merits of the drivers entered for this years' Indy 500.

Oh, and Montagny wouldn't have been an active F-1 driver if it wasn't for Ide getting kicked out in the first place.

Speaking of races losing its luster, Le Mans should be right up there - where have the factory teams been to stop Audi from utterly dominating the race year in and year out, for example? It's almost ridiculous how easy Audi has been able to completely own Le Mans as of late.

Quote:
Last years race was really entertaining, but I just can't get exited by a one make grid, GP2 is exciting, but I never watch it - only recently has F3 woken me up (and only in Germany). One make is a plot for disaster.

Reunification is too late as champ car has gone one make. Time for indy to become an open rules event again
Don't know what to say really, as I've never really come across anyone as hardcore as you - do you honestly mean the technology is that more important to you than close racing on the track? Wow. Just.. wow.

I can say, however, that you are part of a minority in your views about GP2 though, as there are a ton of people who think the GP2 races each Formula 1 weekend almost is the highlight of the weekend, given all the action just about every race produces.