Thread: Autosport Show
View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2011, 21:51 (Ref:2810688)   #20
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I went between 2002 and 2009, but I'll never go again. So expensive these days and I only ever went in the latter years because a subscribing friend had a BOGOF offer and we split the cost of one ticket between us. The best part of forty quid per person just after Christmas isn't ideal. 2009 was the last straw, they totally changed the layout of the place from the one everybody was familiar with and it seemed such a smaller show. Not a lot worth seeing either.

The best show I attended was in 2008 when there was a loophole which let you buy tickets for the adjoining Pistonheads show and in turn gain access to Autosport International on the Friday and it was much better. Less of the Max Power brigade with bags and bags of posters and freebies going about. More of a chance to take photos and admire the cars on show. Unfortunately they closed that for 2009 and it was a Sunday I went.