View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2017, 14:22 (Ref:3714271)   #31
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guy local to me, James French' dad(his name is escaping me) Has a few.... last check he had a McLaren, a Williams, a Ferrari, and a Jordan. The Jordan is I think a 2002 though... the rest are all early 90's. I stumbled across his shop by delivering an unpainted carbon barge board. I worked for FedEx out of high school for a little bit, and saw it come down the sorting line. I saw the piece, saw the shipper and asked the usual route driver if he didn't mind if I delivered that, and a few other things...he didn't have any idea as to what I was holding, and I needed to see what this belonged to.

Needless to say, I was stunned when I opened the shop door and saw what was inside. There may have been an audible gasp followed by a bang when my jaw hit the floor... spent my lunch with him, chatting F1 and getting to put my hands all over some really nice cars....that subsequently launched my career in racing. Sometimes stumbling into something is all you ever need to get a start.

Last edited by MoMedic9019; 23 Feb 2017 at 14:29.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”