View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 2017, 15:24 (Ref:3780397)   #1146
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so this thread started back in 2011 and i imagine other variations existed prior (post Massa's injury and Surtees' unfortunate passing).

but here we are in Nov of 2017 and we are about to see the last race without any head/face protection (well not including helmets).

A) shocking that it took so long and B) sad that after so many years the only viable concept they came up with is a partially effective half measure and one that lacks any aesthetic appeal whatsoever (not the priority i know but still).

have been rereading some of the earlier posts and it seems like some of the worst fears have been realized....lack of action and will to mitigate unnecessary risks and the implementation of a flawed system.

i should add, and unless i am mistaken, it is also sad that the adoption of the 'Halo' also seems to have come with an abandonment of pursuing any other alternatives.