View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2017, 04:00 (Ref:3782811)   #1153
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
"Teams have found that adding halo mountings and beefing up the chassis to pass the associated load tests has added extra weight even greater than that new allowance."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...rivers-in-2018
I suspect this quote from Hulkenberg, in the article above, may very well be correct...

Quote:
"I don't think the Halo will survive very long in F1, to be honest," he said.
My predictions for 2018...

1. Halo will continue to generally fly under the radar until right before the season starts.
2. When fans see it at the first race, many will be surprised of its existence and claim they were unaware of its impending introduction.
3. The outcry regarding its lack of esthetics will generate questions of why something as simple as a windscreen was not used instead.

I would not be shocked if we only see this on the cars for a year or two before it is replaced with something else.

Richard