View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2239343)   #44
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
To back track a little, I agree that, longer term, cars could have wider cockpits, higher sides etc, but current coupe P1's will be here beyond 2010, so it seems logical any side/driver protection would be focused on single seater/DTM style cocoons, rather than major chassis changes.
Huh? I would imagine anything being built from 2010 on will be to new (hinted at) specs, granted the current cars will still be eligible to run but only as long as they last and no new chassis (tubs) will be built to the old specs. The only way I see for lateral protection to be applied to current existing tubs, creating a hybrid per se, is to build the lateral protection into the sidepods with a bigger and better crush zone while trying to incorporate some anti-flight elements of sorts into them also.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 28 Jun 2008 at 17:42.