View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2016, 22:26 (Ref:3630379)   #4
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
IndyCar shouldn't run ovals shorter than Richmond (0.75-mile).

Texas isn't my favorite, but I think having an intermediate-length oval is good. Unfortunately, the lower-banked options in that department are limited. About the only ones left are Nashville and Kentucky.

Gateway is more of a mile-plus oval, but it wants in, and wouldn't be a bad option at all.

Hopefully, Milwaukee and Fontana can return. The trouble with Fontana is, while it would be great for a 500-mile closer, trying to run it into darkness poses problems with the Eastern Time Zone, unless you run it after we revert to Standard Time in early November.

I'm not big on the Indy GP either. If they want to keep it, run the full road course with oval Turn 1 incorporated (2.534 miles), and do the inside curbing at Turns 1 and 8 like F1 had it. That way, two-abreast is much more possible, and spear jobs are much less likely.

I'd prefer opening that race slot to another venue, though. The same goes for the second Detroit race. Thankfully, they're back to running the long course at Belle Isle.

I'm not going to be an express proponent for it, but the Champ Car street circuit in Las Vegas was one of the best put together for American open-wheel racing. I hope Boston does well and puts on a good race this year.

Absolutely, let's get Watkins Glen back in IndyCar.

As for Canada, apart from another temporary circuit, I'd love to see them back at Mont Tremblant. I suppose I'd be more excited if it were a sportscar series looking to take up the second available date at Montreal, but the Indy Cars are quite quick in the corners, and that back straight ought to be good for slipstreaming.

If not Mexico City, maybe they can return to Monterrey. If it can come back, I would like to see some tweaks made to the section following the Turn 5 hairpin and continuing through that chicane, which should be removed outright. It might also help to slightly ease the apexes at Turns 1 and 10.

That's what I've got so far.