View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2017, 00:23 (Ref:3700711)   #71
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Who is it even humane and juts to charge people 65 quid to park your car!

I find it astonishing, borderline odd that people continue to do so.

No wonder they keep doing nothing to appease fans
I'm no apologist for F1, but... £17 million + escalator to hold a single weekend event?

Even if that was the *only* cost, if a million people attended that would be £17 each. If 100,000, that's £170 each just to cover the sanctioning fee.

Add in the actual costs of hiring all the extra fencing, generators, staff (a lot of whom attend for nothing, like me, but incur costs like toilets and security and radios and food vouchers and hire of a campsite and other stuff too), the roads policing, the site policing, site security, planning costs, signage, hire of the sites for the car parks, the depreciation of The Wing, amelioration of costs from previous Grand Prix, and any hidden extras...

It's a lot, lot more than we might think. With no government subsidy, could you make ends meet?