View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2004, 15:40 (Ref:1172483)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson
I think you will find Jay that the actual circuit layout has been the same at Paddock since 1976.
The Paddock bend before '76 was not as tight, but more dangerous as there was little run off. The outside edge of the new corner ran where the inside of the old one was so the old track became tarmac run-off. Perhaps in '67 the grass banks were moved back a bit, hence the earthworks?

Thanks Andrew , So it wasnt until 1976 then !...

your right , the alterations must have just been for the spectator banking or something like that . The old Paddock Hill bend was even more impressive than the current one , but as Anuauto has said he went off there with 5 ft of run off ...Damm , that must have been a jolt !

Have to say that I love Brands Hatch and the history of it ....

Ive got a great small picture here of Paddock Hill in 1953 ...You can see from this picture of the 1953 Coronation meeting ..that there was only the spectator banking at Paddock , nothing else ...mind you , the cars were going anti - clockwise then , so it wasnt a problem i doubt until , they starting running the other way and approaching at speed fronm the start finish area .

Id love to post it , its a shame i cant work out how to attach it into the post .....Ive just scanned it into my pc as well :confused:

Last edited by Sato san; 6 Dec 2004 at 15:44.