View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2011, 12:12 (Ref:2959039)   #6
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kevin.

Thanks for that and I have just a couple of questions.

In Autosport Sept 15th there is a double page spread headlined "YOU PICK THE NEXT STAR" where you invite readers' nominations for the award, describe the eligibility criteria and emphasise the prestige and importance it has to the winner.

You have a response coupon and an email address clearly designed to engage readers in identifying that next winner.

In tiny print it also says "it only takes one vote for a driver to be considered".

What you have said in your post is that "the six finalists are chosen based on what they have achieved during the season." and "A winner is then chosen based on those test performances/feedback."

Now, I'm not an expert on editorial ethics but what I do know is that had that been a paid for advertisement it would have fallen foul on just about every level when it comes to misleading the consumer.

Since he or she are perfectly able to nominate themselves, how exactly am I helping to pick the next star?

Isn't this really a motorsport industry award? Highly desirable and prestigious of course, but chosen by a panel of insiders and experts not the public?

If it is why not just say so? There's nothing wrong with that.