View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2011, 09:18 (Ref:2963358)   #19
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisayrton View Post
With your votes, i can become one of the youngest drivers to ever set foot in a formula one car! As part of the McLaren Autosport Award.

This year i have become the youngest formula ford race winner & champion in great britain at 16 years old! With your votes i can be in contention for the award, the winner receiving a full test in a 2011 McLaren Formula 1,

Results of 2011 thus far:

1st National FF1600 Championship
1st Northern FF1600 Championship
1st Champion of Oulton FF1600 Series
3rd Triple Crown FF1600 series (with only 4 of 6 rounds attended)

With all your votes, this really CAN be achieved!!

just email autosport.editorial@haymarket.com with 'nominees' as the subject,

and in the message - chris middlehurst!!

Really sorry to burst your bubble Chris but voting actually closed Tuesday a week ago and I should think by now the judges have decided or more or less decided who the final six drivers will be. Jason Plato's twitter page earlier in the week said that they were meeting to discuss this very subject.

Also you have to consider that FF1600, while being a fantastic place to begin your car racing career and I am a very big fan of it, doesn't really register as one of the eligible championships under consideration which tend to be domestic National Level or European series. Hence UK Formula Renault, European Formula Renault, MSA Formula Ford, Euro Open F3 (Coppa Class), UK International F3 (National Class) & German F3 (Older Spec Cars) are all considered.

Now the positives for you. As Flavio says above you have had one hell of year and if you can continue your career in that vain you are bound to register as a future candidate. Also at just 16 you have plenty of time on your side.

Congratulations on your fantastic season, good luck in the FF Festival & WHT if you are entering and with the rest of your career