Old 1 Oct 2011, 17:47 (Ref:2963621)   #20
boyndie
Rookie

Scotland
Scottish Highlands
boyndie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanup View Post
As much as I appreciate the great work and effort you put into the award, just publish the results and it will give the whole process the credibility it deserves and shut up people like me.
Strong opinion Cleanup but I do agree, as I intimated last year, with having increased transparency. Also, from a driver perspective, you need exposure and to get yourself onto Autosport / BRDC Awards shortlist itself is a superb achievement. Don't get me wrong, I feel the existence of this award whilst partly, but not wholly, responsible for promoting the next potential UK world champ is a brilliant tool for highlighting the talent that exists within the UK.
However, I feel that the majority of us would struggle to justify any criticism of the top 6 nominees, as noted by KRT917, just because they under performed on test day.
I don't contribute to the prize fund and therefore decisions about result transparency, although hotly debated, remain with contributors.

For what its worth, I had Williamson to win last year and, I reckon Scott Malvern's season has put him in a very strong position for the 2011 prize. Be good to see how the tests go though!