View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2015, 09:13 (Ref:3567180)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did the Taster Day at Donington in 2009 at the VSCC "See Red" meeting immediately before the circuit was closed for... well, we all know what happened there.

Within about 15 minutes of getting there at 7am on the Saturday morning I thought 'Ooh, I like this'. The morning passed in a bit of a blur, then out to post in the afternoon where my first attempt at flagging was the VSCC Handicap Race. I was handed the blue and told 'this should be a good challenge for you'. It was! The rest of the day flew by, watching flame-belching Bentleys racing as the sun set. Awesome.

I decided before I left that I'd also do Sunday. I rolled up, signed on, got put on the same post. As happens sometimes, the people present had mostly changed from the day before so when I was asked 'how long have you been marshalling then?' my answer was...

'Slightly less than 24 hours'

Just shy of 6 years later I'm still at it!