Old 23 Jun 2003, 01:49 (Ref:639689)   #8
Chui
Rookie

Chui should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Mansell v Senna Hill v Schuey

Quote:
Originally posted by Hungary 89
Just interested in everyones a opinion on this

I have always Believed that On the right day when the mood was right Mansell could have beaten Senna in Equal equipment no argument that over the coarse of a season Senna would have been ahead but at Silverstone for example with the crowd Behind him Mansell could have won

Now I don't think the same is True of Hill and Schumacher now don't get me wrong I am a big big Damon Hill fan even more so than I ever was of Mansell but I believe in equal equipment Schumacher would always win

all of the above is purely gut feel as we could never know for sure but what do you lot think

Discuss
I agree with your assessment of Senna vs Mansell... as does Mansell. In fact, I mentioned this on atlasf1.com not more than two days ago.

I do think Senna would beat him over the course of a season and more than likely outqualify him, too. But Mansell was the epitome of "Olde John Bull" and you had to love him for it. Well, at least ON the track.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." ~ John Steinbeck