View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2009, 06:11 (Ref:2551672)   #2971
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Kieron View Post
DJ purchased the racing gear from Bryan Byrt Ford. Including the running gear from the XC coupe, purchased an ex XD Police car, converted the XC back to a road car and the XD into the 'rock car'. So yes, the XD used XC running gear.

Looked pretty, but from memory didnt go too fast.

But then very few of the private teams of the era were interested in outright pace, more in tune with being out there, competing against who they considered equals, racing against their self-set benchmark laptimes, slogging through to the finish.

Interesting the specification differences between the various Falcons in the field, that the upgrades allowed by various CAMS homologations were not mandatory, that cars such as the one above, ran the original spec wheels and tyres, as well as brakes, as the budget allowed...

... while the DJR Fords always had whatever the rule updates allowed almost immediately...

This was an ex-DJR shell, with running gear sourced from elsewhere, as the 'good bits' were ratted by DJR for inclusion in the replacement body shell.

It was a simpler time then of course...

But must make ensuring a period car is 'genuine' with all the 'real' bits on it, something of a minefield....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods