View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 2003, 16:05 (Ref:756097)   #6
BobN
Racer

BobN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by LouisTheShark
Whatever the penalty would have been it would not have made a difference in the outcome. I don't have a vested interest just was curious. In my question to Speed, I asked what the penalty should have been.

But I am curious, why is it that IMSA children can question every officiating call by Grand Am based on little or no real facts, but apparently you don't like that I brought up a question about a possible rule infraction that is for everyone to see on the broadcast. Read the rule again, it makes no provision in writing for a sealed electric driving tool.
And without visable evidence you want a penalty. At least that appears to be the message behind your post. When I say visable, I mean what according to you should be a drill with a cord and sparks flying about. Being you seem to be such an expert on the rules (quoting para, sub. para) I would have thought you would have taken the time to get the facts down as to what they violated the rules with.

As to any reference to IMSA fans and their pointing out rules violations, perhaps you don't recognize the difference between use of a safe, spark-free battery powered tool and taping a flashlight for use as a headlight and having any difference in the degree of safety violation and the ramifications of the violations. I can state that the ramifications of using the spark-free battery powered drill posed no threat to anyone's safety. Can you state that there were no ramifications to anyone's safety should the flashlight fall off and hit another car or that driving with no lights in darkness poses no danger?