View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2016, 10:52 (Ref:3656860)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
taxis to and from the hungaroring from the city and airport are expensive but there is a bus service that stops at the circuit. they're quite strict about letting people in on general test days, but obviously if there's a race on they welcome spectators. there's a karting track at the circuit that's open usually, but honestly if you're not there for like, 7-10 days i would stick to enjoying the city because it's absolutely brilliant, one of the real treasures of europe and the people are absolutely wonderful and welcoming. a small heads up: whilst a lot of the local young people do speak good english, it's predominantly a german tourist destination, and thus in hotels and tourist destinations many peoples first foreign language is german. it may help to know some basic german to help you get around the city.

vienna is a 2-3 hour train ride away from the red bull ring, which is only closed to visitors very occasionally (i guess when they have someone wanting a closed test). you can get a train to knittelfeld, which is a €25-€30 taxi ride each way (its about a 10 minute drive) from the circuit. it is a genuinely beautiful part of the world, i'd recommend hiring a car if you can and enjoying the local area instead purely for the graz-circuit drive if you go over the hills instead of take the motorway but the train ride is pretty cool too once you're out of the flatlands around vienna.

berlin is a superb city. don't bother with motorsport stuff there unless you're really keen to see whats left of avus.

brno isn't really worth the effort from prague, imo. if you can get to an event there then it's a pretty cool circuit (it's kind of a cross between zolder, spa and brands hatch) but otherwise, it's just a circuit.

so from your list, depending on how much time you have, i would make the biggest effort to visit the red bull ring to also enjoy the countryside. vienna is very flat and as enjoyable as the city is, the hills and mountains and forests to the south are just stunning.