View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2010, 00:57 (Ref:2623364)   #79
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
It probably is quite convoluted

Sora bought Pescarolo Sport - this was the race team - given the sale price was one Euro I'd be surprised if this also included assets such as the production facilities

OAK own the IP and production rights to the Pescarolo chassis - my reading on this is that this involves just the Pescarolo 01 and involves nothing physical in terms of plant or property

There was also the issue of what went to Pescarolo Automobiles in 2008 with Jacques Nicolet - was there anything physical transferred at that point?

I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if the ACO were engaging in a bit of badge engineering and looking to secure the Pescarolo name for their school activities. That said, given their link to the local economy surely they're interested in their investment retaining some employment and activity around the technoparc - especially after being relatively burnt by the ORECA LMPC deal and the subsequent relocation away from Le Mans.