View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2006, 12:07 (Ref:1529000)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy norm
CC were indeed the team to use if you wanted to be competitive up to 1982. off the top of my head the list of customers would be:
Gordon Spice - 2 cars plus Spa 24 hrs car
Vince Woodman 1 new car each year with the old one going to Jonathon Buncombe
Jeff Allam
Peter Lovett
Colin Vandervill
They had no opposition untill Andy Rouse set up on his own and produced a competitive car but by then the TWR Rovers became the car to have then the 635 which was also run by CC
Build time was in the region of 300 hrs according to Autosport interview with the team.
I can't remember Lovett pedalling a MK3?! Whuch years were they out of interest?

Rouse set up his own team with cars prepared by Ralph Broad in 1981 with Charles Sawyer-Hoare as teammate (he provided the sponsorship 'Juicy Jeans' and Mirror) but returned to Spice CC run cars for '82.

Other guys to have run MK3's towards the end of Grp 1 were Nick Whitting, Dave Brodie, Gery Marshall, Graham Goode, Yogi Muir (plus others??). I'm not sure if they were self build or CC built cars?