Thread: Three stage DRS
View Single Post
Old 8 Sep 2016, 11:34 (Ref:3670960)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The lack of overtaking is chiefly down to two factors;

1) design of the cars
2) design of the tracks

Since I don't want to see classic tracks torn up, in my view that means the cars need to be the thing that changes.

Having said that, the design of some of the newer circuits is appalling, both in terms of simply offering a "good layout" and also for promoting overtaking. I think they offer us a view that the circuit layout is very much a secondary consideration when building a track. As long as they can have their massive hotels and VIP areas, they don't care if the track has any kind of flow or is a challenge to drive.

The cars themselves, well what can I say that hasn't been said a thousand times. Less aero, more mechanical grip. I really don't know what they are thinking with the 2017 rules and increasing the aero. I think if they reduced the aero slightly (from currently levels) and just gave us the wider tyres, wider track cars, it would be a good step. What happened to the notion of underbody aero? Was that scrapped?