View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2017, 19:43 (Ref:3770793)   #1539
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
As for short tracks, I certainly enjoy Lime Rock, but even I have reached the point where I'm not so concerned about having the Prototypes continuing to go there, and just leaving it for the GTs; now, I definitely DO want to see the P cars back at VIR.

Just as a point of good, informed design, I wouldn't make a pit lane with a hard corner in it like what you suggested for Brands. And like I said, I don't know what it would really solve anyway.

I still maintain that I don't see the point of running a class of car on a track where there's nowhere for it to stretch its legs; it doesn't have to be Monza every time, but you know, even Adelaide had the Brabham Straight. It's like how I don't see the point of a roval if it doesn't use any of the oval's banked turns. Or, how I don't see the point of racing at Paul Ricard if you're going to chicane the Mistral.

Yes, a number of Tilke's tracks are too samey, and a track like Brno or Portimao would be a nice addition.

Actually, I wouldn't be averse to F1 trying a Thai Grand Prix at Buriram. The layout is quick and simple (a refreshing change from all these 20-turn, 3.4-mile courses), and that blind approach to Turn 4, even if F1 can take it flat, is still just excellent. And with MotoGP coming for 2018, it should be getting a bit of a refresh also.