View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2017, 14:17 (Ref:3787251)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Thanks for the mansplaining dig.

I just think that peoples freedoms should not be taken away by others in the name of whatever.

Your "rock test", in my book is just criminal assault by the perpetrator, and should be dealt with as such.

"Cool story bro", doubtless they were fat, ugly, drunk, and definitely stupid, so sub-human really in my book. Still, useless as the sentiment is, I apologize for the behavior of the idiots of my sex.

Feminism quite bluntly makes me sick, when I see how men often treat women, I know where it comes from. I have no answer.
you earnt it

you need to re-read the rock test. it's a half-mickey take, half-serious thing. the concept is basically that if a man is struggling to know how to communicate and relate to a female worker for fear of being misinterpreted, they should ask themselves how they'd speak to "the rock" (massive hench ex-wrestler, now actor and all-round dude that people from both genders respect). the male response to the concept is often a bit of a joke about how they'd flirt with the rock as well, but that reaction in itself is pretty telling.

i was going to say the "cool story" guys were in fact average guys, but that reinforces the notion that attractive people are more entitled to judge the looks of others... it would have been a crappy thing to do even if they were male models. based on the grid girl and promotional model culture in said sport in said country i wasn't surprised to hear it, let's put it that way.

the thing is, grid girls and promotional models are a symptom of toxic masculinity. it's kind of a response to feminism in the same way that turning feminism from what it actually is - the drive for equal rights and equal treatment for women - into something that promotes women as being better than men and deserving positive discrimination to demonise us.

the reason feminists get a bit cross is that whilst they say "look at this crap attitude society has specifically directed at women", a vocal male reaction is "not all men" or "that's not true, i'll mansplain why". men don't listen to women's experiences, they wait till we're finished and explain why we're wrong, or why what we've experienced doesn't happen, isn't true or worse, we just got the wrong end of the stick.

something you hear a lot is men having to rationalise stuff in the "my female relative" context - a guy would leer at a grid girl, comment on her appearance and make lewd remarks but wouldn't want other men to do the same to his daughter or sister.

this is going way off topic, but it's inextricably linked to the thread - there's some absolutely incredible female minds out there who are an asset to any company they work for. we need to make them feel welcome into the sport for its own sake.

i'm not trying to be the fun police, or take away anything. i'm just really not here for men justifying sexist nonsense because they think it benefits everyone when really it just benefits men and the couple of women they're perving at.