View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2017, 02:30 (Ref:3789389)   #17
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Excellent day out - shame we could not hear the commentary - it would have helped as the timetable was adjusted after the attempt to dig a trench in front of us at the Esses - sequence in the gallery.
The reason the timetable was adjusted was that there was oil around much of the track so the decision was made to take lunch early so that the sweeper could drive round & clear it. It was particularly dangerous as it was not visible - even standing on the track with the sun behind me & knowing where it was I couldn't really see it.

Quote:
Anyone know why the G50 didn't run ? We arrived mid morning so may have missed the cause.
It was damaged in practice, I believe on the exit from the hairpin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post

Richard Thurbin's Ontegrale looks goo though I can't help thinking the off course excursion wasn't necessary to demonstrate his 4-wheel drive.
It does look good - beautifully engineered.

I was on post 7, so his off-course excursion happened right in front of me. . . I did casually mention it to him at lunchtime. Not sure why he felt it necessary to do a repeat performance in his second race!