View Single Post
Old 24 Dec 2016, 09:04 (Ref:3698231)   #27
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bob, it's supposed to be favourite images of the season, not a positive torrent However some great cars there:-

1) Stephen Bond in Lister 'Flatiron' Bristol. It was particularly good to see him out with us after that appalling accident in the Lotus at the Goodwood Members meeting early in the year
2) Keith Hampson, in the Sunbeam Alpine Le Mans mentioned in my first post
3) Alex Quattlebaum in LECo2, currently the quickest of the XPAG Specials. Alex flies over regularly from the States to compete. He also owns LECo1 which he is rebuilding
4) Paul Ziller in the TR2. The TRs have been notable for their absence from FISCAR grids in the past, but this year, Paul and fellow TR2 racer, Mark Hoble, have ensured that we had two of them at every round which was superb to see.
5) Darren McWhirter in the V12 Lagonda (looking like a big DB3S) on his way to winning our first running of The Tom Cole Trophy at VSCC Spring Start.
6) Chris Mann in the fabulous Alfa Romeo Disco Volante which he drives to and from our meetings. At Castle Combe Autumn Classic he drove it down from London, ran in two wet races and then drove back on the same day. He did so on his own, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind me pointing out that he is now in his 70s. A true old style enthusiast in the best possible way.

Bob, when I get around to my next favourite image, since they are freely given, thank you, I'm going to use one of your photos from the Bic Healey race.

Last edited by John Turner; 24 Dec 2016 at 11:37.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!