View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2001, 14:32 (Ref:124763)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The most likely thing to happen at the moment is a consortium, likely to consist of Diniz family/Asiatech/Briatore will buy out the remaining 60% of the Prost team and take full control of the operation, and will most likely leave Alain out of a job, and I really do feel sorry for him.

It's likely that this will then become a Brazilian 'superteam'. Burti and Zonta (although Webber may end up there thanks to Briatore) may well drive next year, but don't be surprised if Barrichello were to end up there in 2003 (as predicted) if he was offered enough, because by then he will be absolutely sick and tired of the situation at Team TGF (oops, sorry, Ferrari!! ) (TGF fans, please ignore that, I wrote it in a moment of weakness!)

It is apparent that Prost cannot meet any of his bills for this season, and will be lucky to pay for the Ferraris (could this end up in court???) Since he lost Gauloises and Peugeot last year, it always looked like an uphill battle, and it now appears that the battle is lost.

As for Pedro, hopefully he will turn out to be a better manager than driver. But I wonder, will the team move from France? Obviously the French superteam, once Peugeot left and Renault didn't join, is now kaput.