View Single Post
Old 3 May 2003, 20:36 (Ref:1581262)   #17
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Townsend
..., Allen, if you're following this, are there more 74B users in your N.American magazines that I haven't got here?
Chris

Of course I'm following this - it's fascinating. I'm a bit thin on US sources for 1974 as my Formula Collection starts with Feb 1975. However, in that copy (p14) I found:

"Joe Grimaldi imported several March 74Bs with Bobby Brown, Bruce Jensen, Gilles Villeneuve and Gary Maywood being the best known customers."

On p18 I also spotted Bruce Jensen and Reg Scullion in an Atlantic race at Watkins Glen in 742s, Fred Philips in James King's 73B and Roos in Grimaldi's 732. I think this race supported the US GP. And on p8: "Tom Sauerbrei ... will be in the ex Depailler March 742" in Atlantic in 1975. That might help plug a gap later.

In the Mar 75 edition they are on to talking about 1975 but do mention that Dave Morris (Edmonton) wrecked a 74B at Mosport in '74. Jensen and David Loring are pictured racing 74Bs at Sanair.

Is this all useful??

I presume you means that Brown's car was number 9, seeing as it actually mentions him by name!!
74B-9 Brown Blue 23 Feb.1974

Grimaldi ran "The Race Shop" in Adrian, Michigan.

Allen