View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1323332)   #27
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Each TV deal is different. As I said you can't force them to show it (if they really don't want to). If a TV company is willing to walk away from an F1 deal because of it, or will accept worse conditions on another matter to miss out GP2 then that will be done.

Yes all of the deals were around before GP2, but not F3000. However the time has been limited to sort out all details. That is why it was so good that after a change in F1 qualifying advantage was taken for GP2.
And as I said I don't believe Bernie is forcing anyone to show GP2 and Supercup races - ITV are showing them now on a week's delay, but their contract was in place before GP2 was around, so how would Bernie force that through?

As for your point about Formula 3000, what coverage did they ever receive on terrestrial TV? As far as I'm aware they had some Eurosport coverage, which was canned when the grids shrunk.
Quote:
Do you honestly expect that a terrestrial TV channel over here wants to show live GP2 on Saturday and Sunday morning. It is a Satelite live, terrestrial delayed series. At best. Ask the man on the street who Scott Speed is!
Italian terrestrial TV shows it. As does German, Austrian and Spanish TV. On top of which, Eurosport shows it live in something like 19 languages. So clearly some countries are interested.
Quote:
Is this an idication that Speed are stupid, don't want it or that Bernie won't let them have it. I guess one of the first two!
Obviously I don't know, not being a part of the deal, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bernie tried to get some extra money because of the entrant by an American driver and Speed, which has very limited funds, couldn't entertain the deal - from watching the channel for a number of years it's pretty clear that they are a very small company.
Quote:
The TV coverage overall is better now than it has ever been!
You've noticed an improvement since the first race in Imola this year? Good job by the FOM then!