View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4073794)   #1679
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
It is under the current rules where FIA allow drivers to only have to keep two wheels inside the white line.
'Drivers will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.'

So as mentioned the track (racing surface is a concept) is defined by the white lines. The regulations require a part of the car (not 2 wheels) to remain in contact or the driver will be judged to have left the track. The surfaces outside of the white lines are not 'racing surface'.

In this image, Verstappen has left the track :