View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2016, 17:24 (Ref:3685998)   #13
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Maybe I should just give up and do things that actually bring some joy into my life.
Do it.

And I say this without any malice, scorn, pity or sarcasm.

Motorsport will change, and the fans it gains, retains and loses will change with it. We seem to be on the cusp of a particularly turbulent period, but I know that there's enough to keep me invested in endurance racing (i.e. watching more than "just" the big enduros) for next year and beyond.

There's enough pressure on most people's time to not be wasting what free time they have doing something they no longer enjoy. There's nothing wrong with leaving the table before you have nothing left.

Maybe it's just a break that you need - in which case I can relate after going back to F1 this year following a 3-year absence - but if the new year rolls round and you still feel like your support is a chore then stay away until the joy returns. If that means you don't return to motorsport, so be it; it's your life and your time, so it should be your passion.

Nothing lasts forever.

Last edited by J Jay; 6 Nov 2016 at 17:33.