View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2006, 21:10 (Ref:1636841)   #1
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Stunning Hillclimb Result at Gurston

I'm just in through the door from Gurston Down, after witnessing one of the most stunning drives i've ever seen, definitely the most impressive drive I've ever seen in Speed Hillclimb. The odd thing was, it was at a local clubbie and in the unsung class of up to 1400cc Mod Prod Sports.

This morning the Gurston <1400cc Mod Prod Sports record stood @ 32.66. Before this morning, Brodie Branch had never driven the track.

His first practice was 32.48, second practice 32.22. He then went out and on his first ever competitive run on the hill, demolished the 5 year old class record by nearly 4 tenths of a second (believe his time was 32.28) !

Also well done also to Baz Pitt, the consumate gentleman of hillclimbing, on his FTD. And also special mention to Johnathan Gates who finally managed to crack the Mod Prod Sports 1401-2000cc class record.

I think everybody @ Gurston has decided to go out and buy Chrysler Vipers after Nadine Geary won a special award for leaving the best tyremarks in Gurstons History. All I'll say is imagine planting the throttle on a Viper GTS, and leaving two perfect pitch black strips the entire length of the tyre warming area. It's the first time I can recall a driver getting a standing ovation before reaching the startline

Oh, and not forgetting Scarecrow Cannell who proved that 30 secs is possible and that the class record is possible.

Well done BARC SW for one of the best weekends club motorsport I can remember.