View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3110037)   #2425
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
Sorry I meant could the people who usually watch the race on Sky, comment on how the programme was. I was interested if they pulled out all the stops for this weekend.

Did they pull out all the stops...Yes and No.

Yes, although somewhat detached and not relevant to today race, the James Hunt feature is one of the best features they have.
The Jim Clark feature was a nice touch.
The Simon and Seb feature has been described elsewhere as a bit ITV, but I didn't mind it that much.

Compared to other races, they didn't have their full on-screen team on-site with them.
Pinkham got married yesterday with Thomson in attendance, so obviously neither were there. Brookes from SSN replaced Pinkham without too much difficulties.
Georgie and her Sky Pad might have been used more over the course of the weekend had she been there.

Today was Anthony Davidson's first studio appearance since his accident. I don't know whether he would have been fit to travel to Germany if the Sky Pad was on-site. The audio delay to London was just one of those thing's that can't be helped, but wouldn't impress the first time Sky watcher.

In comparison to previous weekends, they were short in the commentary box and a pundit short as well, Alan McNish did the FPs on Friday but had other arrangements for the rest of the weekend. Herbert did the FP3 on Saturday before Brundle took over for the Qually and Race.
McNish had been punditing the previous weekends that he's been on after his commentary box stints, and Herbert had been on the Sky Pad.