View Single Post
Old 2 May 2017, 08:53 (Ref:3730514)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
But like Bert might look at Brands for Superprix, went a few years ago and fully enjoyed my day, lovely track, no awful music blaring out from an energy drink stand and better racing I am afraid.
I did one day at Lydden, one day at Brands last year and that seemed to work well - the Historic F1 cars at Brands are definitely worth seeing (and hearing) out on the GP loop. Shame the two events clash but there you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I am getting old obviously, but Bert honestly looking at it you might like the Silverstone RX track, it looks mostly dirt, though I have no idea what speccy viewing will be like and I shudder to think what they are going to charge to get in.
They'll have to do something pretty special at Silverstone to make viewing even half as good as Lydden - it's flat and I assume there will be catch fencing blocking your view everywhere. I assume parking will also be in the car parks outside the circuit (so no leaving your gear in the car until you need it). Silverstone also has the extra 90 minutes each way travel over getting to Lydden against it. And then there's the cost - has it been published how much it'll cost? The publicity I've seen for it bangs on about 'a festival' with rallycross - so I assume the cost will be higher than if there was only rallycross? I'm getting old and grumpy too - I don't want a bloody festival - I just want the rallycross.