Thread: IMSA Race 2016 Rolex 24 at Daytona
View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2016, 23:48 (Ref:3607008)   #57
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Last year the only car that was lighter and more powerful at PLM than they were at Daytona was the Corvette.

Michelin developed those single-stint tires, and they helped the MR-RR cars the most. That's not BoP, that's engineering.
I'm not so sure looking at starting and ending stats is the only way to judge. Porsches looked very strong towards the end of the season last year regardless of where they started and ended up number-wise.

True about the tires though, I had kinda forgotten about them. They didn't cover them enough during the broadcasts I think. I remember there were a few mentions of the BMWs splitting up their strategy with them, but I don't remember them being mentioned much by the pit reporters in regards to which teams were going onto them during stops.

Have to look at this somewhat fairly too though... There are plenty of noisy Corvette fans complaining when BoP doesn't go their way, but there are also plenty of noisy fans of other manufacturers that complain just as much when BoP does go the way of the Corvettes. Has turned into a bit of a back-and-forth in a few places it seems like... This place can be a bit like that when it comes to anything GM related.