View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2001, 23:19 (Ref:140890)   #4
UAtkins
Rookie

UAtkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bear with me here:

I'm a relatively new member here, I currently live in the U.S., however, I will be attending all 3 days of the Revival. I have joined the GRRC and have my paddock passes however have a couple of additional reasons to attend:

I will be attending with my sister, our father, C.T. "Tommy" Atkins was a private entrant in the late 50s and early 60s. I have been in contact with my Dad's mechanic, Harry Pearce, and he will will attending the meeting with us, we haven't seen each other in about 40 years or so, this means it will be a special event for just that reason. Thanks to email and the Internet, I am aware of onevof my Dad's cars that will be at the meeting, it is Neil Twyman's 1957 Cooper which will be featured in the John Cooper parade. The one I am not sure of is the Lightweight E-Type #4, 86 PJ, which should be in the Jaguar parade (it was number 4). This car was on the front cover of the September Motor Sport magazine. What is the best way to find out ahead of time what cars have been entered?

It has been 40 years since I was at Goodwood, from what I have seen I will recognize the place quite easily. I am just hoping that the weather holds as we plan to find a spot on the track to watch the cars and recapture a lot of memories. I am looking for any tips and suggestions from those of you much more familiar with the event than I obviously am.

Thanks

Ursula