View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2010, 01:25 (Ref:2617275)   #44
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I would argue that a majority of the modern LMP's are beauty queens... and engineering marvels, something the DP's will NEVER be even if they do become better looking. I prefer the look of the Pug, Lola, and Lola Aston coupes, plus the Porsche RS Spyder, Acura ARX-01b, & Zyteks to most of the F1 cars over the past 10 years. The DP's are too low tech for European fans to appreciate IMHO.
I don't know if they are too "low tech" for European fans. They'll just have a heck of a time finding a niche market. Maybe in that they are powered by stonking V8s?

You mentioned the Acura and RS Spyder as a beautiful car, and that triggered a thought in my mind. I reckon the ARX-01 and RS Spyder are contestants for most beautiful race cars ever! Those two, along with the Audi R8 make for three LMP cars amongst the most beautiful cars ever IMO. But heck, the Lolas from B05/40 on, the Bentley EXP Speed 8, Dallara, the Zyteks, Ascari A410... the list goes on for beautiful LMPs.

Chris