View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2015, 13:50 (Ref:3599175)   #760
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The BBC also produces quality content that wouldn't get produced otherwise. That is what the licence is for - educational, informative, minority programmes, and programmes for those disadvantaged as well as for more mainstream programmes produced in a non commercial quality way.

You can't opt out of paying for health care, education, roads and other infrastructure you don't use either. Sorry.
The TV License website disagrees with this. I suspect the reason for this is that TV broadcasting isn't quite up their with health care, education and national infrastructure..

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

If you do not watch Live TV then it is not required. If you watch Live TV online that is broadcast at the same time as it is broadcast in the UK (So Eurosport player, ITV Player, etc), then you do need one.

Since all events I watch are now tape delayed online, and I do not watch TV at all, I don't actually require one. It even introduces an odd grey area with events like WEC, which are broadcast live online, but the web broadcast is a different show to the Eurosport UK broadcast.