View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2015, 14:16 (Ref:3599180)   #762
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I get your point for general infrastructure (and completely agree - for the record, I'm a huge NHS fan, despite the complaints), but not for general entertainment, no. I will happily pay into a health care system i rarely use as it saves peoples lives. I will pay into road tax as it keeps the country running. That's all good. I won't pay for people to be entertained by TV, for the same reason I don't pay for peoples internet access. I don't feel that is my social responsibility.

The reason we've gone down this route is that the BBCs cost cutting also means program cutting, and therefore viewer cutting. This idea that they can spend less and still expect everybody to contribute whilst they cut off broadcasts which are popular is not a good way of going. And since they've continually cut away the F1 contract (the one TV show I did care about), using fake excuses about money, I don't see why I should continue to contribute to other peoples entertainment. The government and BBC management is badly mismanaging the BBC at the moment F1 fans are casualties of that.