View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2012, 10:17 (Ref:3182394)   #19
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I enjoyed the Stirling Moss program, it exceeded my expectations. I was a little apprehensive about a 'celeb' presenting it even if I happen to like this one (I generally avoid the cult of the celebrity like the plague!) but the program wasn't about the celeb thankfully, no cringing or tenious bits that I can think of, although the presence of one contributor raised an eyebrow but maybe I'm doing him a disservice, for all I know he could be a historic racing anorak!

Anyway, Patrick did well in my humble opinion, he seemed geniune, just the right balance of everything really.
Must admit, I diasagree. Too much about Patrick Stewart's feelings about meeting his hero/ driving his car and not enough about SM himself. Not many contributions from others about what he was like to work with etc.

I still don't know how he made a living during his injury period and after his retirement. Didn't cover his comeback in the Audi 80 in the British Saloon Car Championship or his subsequent driving in hitoric racing.

Too shallow, I'm afraid.