View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2012, 09:09 (Ref:3064133)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Help wanted - Current FIA oversized suit required for good cause!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-e21
FIA approved overalls

I have just had it brought to my attention that the Proban race suit I had made a few months ago is now obsolete and that I now need an FIA approved suit in time for Crystal Palace at the end of May.

As far as I can see, it will cost around £400+ to have a suit made as being of generous proportions an 'off the shelf' suit simply will not fit.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a budget suit or, better still, is there anyone who has a suit that might fit that they no longer need? I am using the Crystal Palace event to raise money for the Cornwall Air Ambulance and obviously cannot compete unless I find a suit.

I am 6' 2, 46'' waist and have very broad shoulders. Any help and/or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Thank you chaps.
and:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-e21
If it's OK, I thought I would make a quick mention of why I wish to raise funds for Cornwalls Air Ambulance. In December 04' I was in a terrible accident on the A30. Unfortunately my car struck a lamp post and this resulted in my breaking my neck in 2 places, my back in 2 places, fractured skull and a shattered pelvis. I also suffered massive internal injuries and severed a blood vessel in my groin. Had it not been for the crew of the CAA pulling me from the burning wreckage and operating on me, at the roadside, in order to stem the blood loss, I would not be sat here today.
I spent a month in a coma and the following year in Treliske Hospital in Truro. The care I received was fantastic and after extensive surgeries, I am back to 80% mobility and able to achieve my goal of sprinting my old BMW at club level. I still have some medical issues and walk with a stick, but I try not to let those little things stop me doing the things I enjoy. Crystal Palace last year was my first ever event and a massive personal achievement. The journey from being bedridden and unable to move anything but my eyes and arms was slow and painful, but waiting for that first green light was fantastic and a feeling I will hold dear for a good few years. It hadn't been all that long ago that I had been fighting for my life.

So, a year later, I guess I just want to do a little something to say thank-you. If I can use my story, my car and an event like Crystal Palace to raise some much needed funds, then I am proud to be able to do so. I would also like to thank everyone who has made a positive remark and committed to making a donation on the day.
See here for full thread:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132826

Now, I've never met Mark, but we have exchanged messages over recent years since we both own one of the 3 TWR BMW E21 road cars built. I did not know of Mark's accident nor indeed that he had placed the above thread in the Sprint/Hillclimb forum until he sent me an e-mail recently. I've noted that one or two of our posters who visit our forum have already responded to Mark, but since I reckon it's for a good cause, I thought that I'd put it in here here for a wider audience to see.

Is there any way we can help Mark, here?