View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2015, 06:25 (Ref:3489674)   #14
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I say 'compared to what?' The measure I use is cost vs lap time with a correction for vehicle weight. Driving big heavy powerful cars with little downforce takes real skill. The weight punishes the driver when they get it wrong.

It wouldn't surprise if a TLX appears to be cheaper to run at the moment because it's not like they are being driven properly hard is it? I'd think any apparent saving would be straight out the window at rebuild time however.

Just as an FYI, an engine lease for a motor capable of winning in DVS is 100k plus.
Personally I'm a fan of controlling costs with a spec engine.
Even single engine rules get out of hand when a Kent 1600 costs upward of 14k to build

It would be interesting to hear what Angus considers a NZST budget to be.
250k sounds about right for a 'pay to play' deal.
I believe a TRS budget this year is about 160k. Toyota of course own the chassis and engine and at that price I can't see a true commercial return on the investment I.e. Toyota are sponsoring indirectly every competitor. Hey, you do what it takes to fill the grid when someone else is footing the bill

Last edited by Icarus_nz; 3 Jan 2015 at 06:31.