View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3275395)   #22
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
The only thing I hope, is to see all engines balanced in the better way as possible.
Regardless of how the balance is going to be in practice, they are already better in a way because in the most simplistic form there is just one parameter to BoP. That should make the inevitable BoP much easier compared to the current messed up displacement-restrictor based rules with hundred other parameters (+ boost pressures, weights, fuel tank flows) which I think will be always inherently wrong. I also hope that if ACO believes the figures are correct, then they will be really left untouched too and not tweaked immediately once one manufacturer starts crying.

So, everything depends on if ACO's hypothesis figures are correct...

http://i.imgur.com/ckXfrOg.png

Interestingly as Bart Hayden revealed here, the 2% BoP rule has been omitted from the new regs:

"...the new regulations, and it isn’t a case of what it says, but rather what it doesn’t say. The current regulations have determined that a 2% performance gap is acceptable between the factory cars and that for private teams like ours. That regulation has been omitted for the new regulations, and by definition it is now regarded as unacceptable to have such a gap in performance."

I really wonder if that interpretation is correct (the leaked draft of the technical regs won't help here as the BoP rule was/is in the sporting regs), because that sounds really impossible to achieve. And imho generally lap times are just really retarded measure of balancing if the point is to balance engines only.

Quote:
By now, with Peugeot forfait, only Audi has remained with diesel, and this can't be considered as the leading solution. Now it's time for hybrid (diesel or petrol), but all engines must be on the same plain.
2014 force manufacturers to use one of the ERS options (see above pic). But you can't say just "hybrid" because it is not a combustion engine...

Last edited by deggis; 8 Jul 2013 at 14:14.