View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2010, 23:39 (Ref:2775947)   #33
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I get that. I just don't think that further explanation will help. Other than to supply more words for people to get giddy about.

As in rugby many people find the rules are inconsistent depending on who is playing.

Or just their view on the rule rather than the application of it.

Also you have to accept that, as with many things, it just isn't possible to always be consistent. Unless two things happen at the same time in exactly the same manner then they are different. F1 isn't a board game. Rules, in both sport, also develop and may be applied differently from one incident to another. Especially if in the mean time we've had some public outrage!
The difference is that the Referee in Rugby Union does not get to award a whole series on a single decision, and if he makes a lot of questionable decisions, then questions will be asked.

I think that any sport should strive to have the rules fairly and impartially applied. Why would you not want the stewards' decisions subject to scrutiny and the reasons published so a system of precedence is created instead of a random lottery? All the driver rep on the stewards' committee ensures is a different bias at every race.

On a side note, I must admit it doesn't worry me much when Reugby Refs screw up their decisions.