View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3784096)   #40
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
I don't believe that different eras can be accurately compared statistically, as there are too many other variables in the mix beyond the raw numbers.

For example, in my view Moff's Transam Moostang was the greatest touring car we've ever seen here, relative to its opposition - but that view is subjective and any stats don't allow for regulations, closeness of competition etc across different eras.

There can be no definitive, correct answer one way or the other on this but it's an interesting pub (or forum) discussion.

For mine, J Dub is high quality but his head explosions at Bathurst make it hard for me to rate him as GOAT. I can't see other "greatest" contenders throwing away potential victories at the mountain the way that he has.