Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:01 (Ref:3692967)   #363
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
For the first time in my life (living memory anyway), I didn't watch a second of Nascar this year. It was making me angry. To those of you that did, was it a good decision or not? Did I miss anything?
It was a good decision and you did not miss anything.

The Chase ruined the Cup series, once a driver won, they did not really have to try too hard for the rest of the season, and the endless drivel spoken about it by the commentators was mind numbing. I couldn't be bothered watching the last few races. What a ridiculous way to crown a champion.

The Xfinity was ruined by the chase, and the "Dash for the Cach" which split the field into two heats and a main. The main race at Bristol was quite good when they glued the track up.

The Trucks were ruined by another chase and the caution clock. The race at Martinsville was quite good though. The finale at Homestead was ridiculous.

The K&N pro series were the better in my opinion, if you don't mind watching kids race.

They have completely killed it for me with these contrived gimmicks. But the boss man thinks the chase is his best idea ever, and blames the loss of audiences on the economy.

I won't pay to watch anymore, maybe I will catch some of next year if I can get some free wifi.