Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3747400)   #165
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Okay, seriously? Drop the attitude already. So I missed something. Big freaking whoop. Nobody can catch everything. I never said or implied it was any kind of conspiracy, I asked for the source because I hadn't heard anything.

No, Acura and Toyota are not the only factories supporting teams in GTD. Ferrari and Porsche do so as well. Come to your own conclusions about why IMSA doesn't do anything about Ferrari and Porsche, I won't make assumptions.

But the simple reality of the matter is that there's only so much IMSA can do. If a factory wants to support a team, they'll find a way - just as Ferrari and Porsche have. Just like GM and Ford did in Conti.
Because Porsche is NOT paying teams to run the 911 GTD car and Ferrari is NOT paying teams to run the 488 either. Lexus and Acura are footing the bill for both of those teams to race and they have both said that. It's not a conspiracy, it's listening to the words out of the horse's mouth. I take what they (IMSA) say with a grain of salt, and they change their mind quickly, but if either of the Acura or Lexus programs continue as they are now I'd expect the GTD teams to protest or leave. Getting factory shoes to help out a team with true Silver/AM drivers is VERY different than CASH to fund the team.

As for the attitude, it comes from those who pontificate, preach or other denigrate others' comments when they have actually read something. Then claims come in about hidden and mysterious sources that are wrong WAY more often than right. The fact that you preach insider knowledge and then have NOTHING accurate to share is the root of the dismissive tone to my replies to your posts.