View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2018, 17:52 (Ref:3801318)   #9
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
IMSA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nascar, which is a private corporation so we will never know its structure. That being said, I'm assuming a sale would include all parts of Nascar.

ISC is a publicly traded company where several members of the France family serve on the board. SMI is also a publicly traded company with no one from Nascar on the board. Neither of these companies could be part of a single sale. I think this would actually discourage a sale of Nascar.

As long as Road Atlanta stays part of the Nascar organization, I think all is well.

Those two tracks are not being swallowed up by a growing metropolis. You can help by not moving here. Tell your friends too. It's not that I don't like you, we're just full.
Don't worry about me. I realized I had to move away when the one-paved-road town of Loganville had begun to get brutal rush hour traffic by the time I was in high school.

And I know it has more variables than Sebring and Daytona, but I hate the pins and needles feeling I get about Road Atlanta every time a potential sale is talked about. It's my home track, always will be no matter where I'm living, and I am sentimental to it. Plus it has one the best and biggest races of the year there and is picturesque. I would be heartbroken to see it gone.