Thread: Sauber
View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2017, 12:34 (Ref:3723713)   #41
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I have mixed views on Pascal's decision. On the one hand he's very brave and honest to admit he's not ready, but plenty of drivers would go for it and push it over the line if they had to, racing through the discomfort
Just a thought to put out there....but. FI didn't chose him because of his off track attitude, the feeling perhaps that he wasn't easy to work with, so there is something around Pascal that doesn't gel and Mercedes didn't stick him in the car either.

I appreciate that driver safety, etc is paramount but I do find it strange that having been signed off by medics to test and race that Pascal has sat back and let another driver sit in his car and even more so having seen how quick he is, let him keep it 'warm' for another two races!

Surely that goes against every competitive drivers instinct?

Something doesn't ring true to me.