View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2017, 11:39 (Ref:3771742)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
... the racing is perhaps not matching that. Very predictable and you can almost name the finalists before the event has started. They have what they want, manufacturers wanted them only racing, but that offers nothing for the neutral.
This does seem to be what IMG wanted - the same teams and drivers in the finals every time. Much easier to market a smaller group of 'star' drivers than a mottley collection of locals and amateurs.

Quote:
Do we like RX Lites? On this forum you all will no doubt because of Rook, but they are very samey and don't offer much, and offer nothing in terms of variety and sound.
Lites isn't as bad as I feared it would be - the racing (when I've seen it) does seem to be ok. I agree though that more variety in body shapes would be good and the noise isn't great. On the whole though it's not a class I really get the point of - if it was cheap then I'd understand it more.

Quote:
I think personally IMG need to be doing more to reduce costs
Yep - although it may be too late for that already. Budgets have ballooned very quickly and it'll be hard to drag that back down to sustainable levels.

Quote:
And for us, simply put, we all need to avoid the temptation of Silverstone, it's easy to buckle when you see it on the horizon, but the costs are almost insulting. SO stay away, the track looks weak, though I will say it is very dirt based, but small, compact and not very interesting. and we would be miles away from the action I am expecting.
There is no temptation where Silverstone is concerned. That cost would be considered taking the **** even if it was at a decent circuit. There's no way I can justify that cost (and even if I could justify it I'd resent having to pay for all the shite I'm not interested in just to see the Rallycross).

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Hansen-Peugeot are very bitter towards VW and PSRX. H-P thinks that PSRX have a huge advantage in budget and a car that has undergone extensive and expensive development from WRC that H-P and others just can't match. PSRX instead argues that they have a very good and cooperative team, especially between Solberg and Kristoffersson. They also emphasise that they are privateers.

From some articles I've read Peugeot will either quit or try to match PSRX next year, no decision has been taken yet. Peugeot has also been struck by a "diesel gate" in France.

EKS aren't sure at the moment but Ekström wants manufacture backing if he is to continue since PSRX has stepped it up. Audi doesn't seem to have been very involved this year. Ekström isn't as frustrated as H-P though with PSRX.

Swedish NWT wrote that FIA was interested in the Lites so I guess it will go on.
So potentially Peugeot could pull the plug (so no Hansen cars in WRX) and EKS could bail out if they don't get more manufacturer backing. So that's a large chunk of the grid potentially gone. If you lose those cars it's a very thin looking field isn't it?