Thread: LMES Overview
View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2004, 21:23 (Ref:1095666)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was impressed, it worked well and there were some good races.

There is a question about depth of quality down the field, but I think a minor one.
Quote:
Originally by cybersdorf
Dubai, Bahrain, the usual. Boring.
LMES shouls stay in Europe and establish itself there before going anywhere.
I agree with this.
The races were good and they only went to top circuits (unlike ALMS). Expansion of the series is a tricky one. I see no reason to rush, it might harm the series. A couple more races next year would be ideal. The format of the races (1000km/6 hours) is good, but a consequence is that it doesn't need lots of races. Each race is a real event and that may be diluted if they had more races. Perhaps some shorter sprints could be added - although these long races have to form the back bone.

How was the viewing figures. I understand crowds were low except at Silverstone. I know nothing of TV figures. We all watch it on MotorsTV, but then we would I hope it was a success, but it is still early days.

I am unsure whether it should have had a championship result. There were only four events and I like the idea that these were all events on their own. However a major incentive (the real championship win, not the trophy) is the Le Mans entry.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
...serve audiences in Asia...
The lack of Le Mans racing in Asia is an issue, IMO. However I would rather a separate mini-series at this point, perhaps just starting with a return of a 1000km race at Suzuka.

Last edited by Adam43; 13 Sep 2004 at 21:28.